The Teeside Rail less Traction Board was formed in 1919, basically from an original scheme to operate a tramway (which was not realized), in the growing towns of North Ormesby and Grangetown (among others). However, on 1st April 1968, the Board was merged with the fleets of Middlesborough and Stockton, to become the Teeside Municipal Transport.
New in June 1950, and built on Sunbeam chassis number 50633, GAZ 12 entered the Teeside Rail less Traction Board fleet (TRTB) as number 2. It was one of 7 delivered originally with East Lancs H30/26R bodywork, of which all were re-bodied by ROE be-tween 1963 and 1965. This was the final batch of trolleybuses delivered to Teeside and were all transferred to the Teeside Municipal Transport (TMT) in April 1968.
The Teeside trolleybus system finally closed on 18th April 1971.