Daimler, together with Bristol and Guy, were to be the main double deck bus chassis builders during World War II, with Daimler supplying the CW utility model, which was transformed into the CV series by 1946. The 6 denoted the Gardner 6LW or LX variants of engine which were fitted. The CV model continued being built in various forms until the end of half cab production in 1968.
Between 1954 and 1956 Halifax purchased Daimler CVG 6s for both fleets, with Roe Alloy upper and teak framed lower deck bodied vehicles being supplied to the Corporation, whilst the Joint Omnibus Committee bought Metro-Cammell bodied buses. In its long association with Halifax, 119, the last delivered in 1956 went through a number of identity changes numerically, being placed in service by the Corporation in November as number 19, before being re-numbered 119 in 1958.
After being transferred to the Joint Omnibus Committee fleet in 1971 it gained another new number becoming 304 of that fleet. Shortly after the amalgamation of the Halifax JOC and Todmorden JOC in September 1971, the bus re-numbered yet again becoming 384 for the amalgamated fleet, with its fifth and final change being to 3384 with its passing to the newly formed West Yorkshire PTE in 1974. In October 1974 the bus was withdrawn from PTE service and stored for some years with a view for possible preservation, being sold in March 1981 to a preservationist in its home town, although the bus was to be kept at the Tameside Transport Collection in Ashton. It was later acquired and restored by the West Yorkshire Transport Museum
It was acquired by Keighley Bus Museum from the administrators of Transperience in September 1998 with support from the Heritage Lottery Fund, the Science Museum PRISM Fund and Bradford Metropolitan Borough Council.