In 1959 LCT took delivery of thirty Daimler CVG6LX/30 70-seat vehicles all built locally by Charles H Roe of Crossgates (Leeds). These were numbered 502-531, of 30ft build and as was the norm for Leeds open platform rear entrance. (The only variation of this design was a single batch of 5 front entrance Roe bodied Daimler CVGs purchased primarily for the jointly operated Bradford route). They began to enter service by 7th November 1959, the last day of tram operations. Unlike the AEC and Leyland variants of the time the bonnets on these vehicles were painted as opposed to the unpainted types favoured for the other marques. This gave the buses a much more modern appearance. Of this batch sister vehicle 7502 UA was loaned to neighbouring Huddersfield Corporation in April 1962 for vehicle assessment and was so successful that Huddersfield ordered batches of Roe built vehicles for both their fleets thus turning away from the Leyland Titans they had earlier purchased.
With the forming of the West Yorkshire PTE in April 1974, the Leeds buses escaped a re-numbering structure although the Daimlers had been re-numbered 702-731 in 1972. After a mass withdrawal scheme, by December 1976 only 4 (711-714) remained. With the first three vehicles being withdrawn by 30th December of that year 714 was now the only open platform rear entrance bus in the PTE fleet.
On Friday the 31st December 1976, 7514 UA operated its final service on the 26 route to Swarcliffe. It was to become the last rear entrance-open platform bus to be operated in Yorkshire until the forming of the Halifax Joint Committee fleet after deregulation. It was also the last Leeds bus to carry the traditional livery and coat of arms, and the last tramway replacement vehicle still operating.
After being sold to the 514 Preservation group in 1981, it was later donated to the Keighley Bus Museum in 2002 for preservation.