The second Alpha privately owned at the Museum has just benefited from an enormous amount of work, including electrics, repaint and interior refurbishment and is well on the road for its first road test.
One of two bought by the Stalybribridge, Hyde, Mossley & Dukinfield (SHMD) board in 1956. Originally number 77 of the fleet, a restructuring of the single deck fleet numbers in 1961 placed it as number 108 in the Department. Built to manager L.G. Stockwell’s specification at the time the bus was fitted with center doors with 34 seat bodywork and the capability of accommodating a further 27 standees.